Do you pride yourself on your amazing multi-tasking ability and keen attention to detail? Are you looking to join a growing organization where you can make an impact? If so, let’s talk.
The National Propane Gas Association is looking for a Manager of Scholarship Foundation, Benefits & Office Administration to join their growing team in Washington DC. This person will lead the organization’s scholarship award program including application, selection and awards – serving as the liaison between applicants and the scholarship selection committee. In addition, this person will lead employee benefits and office administration activities for the company. This position will report to the VP, Finance & Administration. Full-time position with benefits.
What You Will Do
National Propane Gas Foundation (NPGF) Scholarship Program & Steering/Full Committee
- Serve as the staff liaison for the NPGF Scholarship Fund Steering Committee, NPGF Full Scholarship Fund Committee, and the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Prepare meeting agendas, take minutes, draft speaking points, and coordinate fundraising activities.
- Use Community Force to manage the scholarship application and award process.
- Assist scholarship applicants with completion of their application and other required information, verify entry materials received/missing and send reminders as needed.
- Prepare and send program and applicant status updates to Platinum Donor companies.
- Partner with Selection Committee Chair and Vice Chair on determining scholarship winners; notify winners and send rejection notifications to applicants not selected.
- Prepare and distribute information on scholarship winners for NPGA reports, website and industry publications.
- Partner with Finance/Accounting to prepare list of scholarship payments; distribute checks accordingly.
- Partner with Chair and Vice Chair of Steering Committee and Full Committee to develop and distribute agendas for spring, summer and winter meetings.
- Prepare communications as needed (g., committee roster, thank you letters to donors, solicitation letters).
- Manage cataloging of all donations and sponsorships; promote benefits of program membership/sponsorship and industry conventions and meetings.
- Update scholarship banner, corporate partner banner, and website as needed.
- Partner with Committee to plan various events and fundraising activities (e.g., silent auction, golf tournament, and other social events).
- Coordinate open enrollment process and update all benefits changes with appropriate vendors; administer 401(k) plan benefits; answer employee benefits questions; Monthly ordering of Metro SmartBenefits.
- Review and approve monthly benefit insurance bills and submit invoices.
- Plan annual ½ day staff conference.
- Front office support through answering and routing incoming calls and greeting visitors.
- Open and route incoming/outgoing mail and packages.
- Monitor company email inbox – address questions and/or route emails accordingly.
- General administrative duties including preparation and distribution of mailings, copying/faxing, and maintaining employee contact lists.
- Order office supplies as needed; maintain office equipment (partner with building management).
- Other duties as assigned.