Good Neighbor Homes is seeking applicants for the position of Direct Support Professional in the Richmond, VA area.
**Work today, get paid today! We offer same day pay, a voluntary benefit to offer employees access to their pay on their own schedule.**
Direct Support Professionals are responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment which fosters growth and rehabilitation and facilitates the development of the individual’s ability to reach his/her highest level of independence. The coordination of services includes assistance in daily living skills, providing proper means and nutrition, upkeep/ maintenance of the residence, medication management, and transportation for individuals.
Performance Standards will include:
- The employee consistently demonstrates a positive work ethic and commitment to the organization demonstrating leadership and team player qualities.
- The employee successfully ensures all necessary documentation is completed by for daily duties and tasks,according to Good Neighbor standards and GNCS policies and procedures.
- The employee demonstrates proper medical care for each individual including medication management, medical appointments, and proper documentation and upkeep of medical records.
- The employee thoroughly maintains and upkeeps the residence according to GNCS policies and procedures and regulatory agencies.
- The employee provides support to each individual supervised by implementing their annual plan of support, goals, and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:Documentation, Client medical needs, maintain the physical environment of the home, Individual Support and Customer Service.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:The employee must have a high school diploma or equivalent degree (GED) and at least one year of experience working individuals with disabilities or in the human services field (nursing, CNA, rehab services, hospital care) is preferred. The employee must also have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:The employee must have:
- Knowledge of the medical field and terminology which includes working directly with doctors, nurses, therapists, and pharmacists.
- Demonstrates organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Completion of TOVA, First Aid and CPR, Medication Management, Human Rights/ID Waiver, Emergency Preparedness, Person Centered Thinking upon hire.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency Standards such as DBHDS and DMAS.
Please submit applications or resume via email, via fax to (804) 520.8007. For more information about Good Neighbor Community Services please visit our website at www.goodneighbor.care.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA