Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) - General Lab Anc 001 - Part-Time,Day - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore,MD
Work Schedule: Every other Weekend (Saturday and Sunday), 7:00AM-3:30PM
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
- Performs, validates, interprets, documents and reports laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Executes and evaluates quality control and quality assurance procedures. Documents and reports as required by regulatory agencies.
- Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipates and maintains required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assists in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staffstatistics/reports.
- Assists in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB).
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements
- Hospital experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
About this company
St. Vincent’s Health System encourages its nurses to provide personalized, compassionate care for all patients, regardless of what they’re struggling with, and we give you the resources and support to do it. We want a collaborative environment, where nurses work side-by-side with skilled providers in both patient care and deciding policy. We believe in balancing high-touch with high-tech, and that reputation draws patients to us from more than 40 Birmingham-area zip codes. When you join St. Vincent’s you become part of Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit and largest faith-based health system, which is recognized nationally for its commitment to quality, safety and healing.
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD