Social Worker - Remote Care Mgmt 001 - Full-Time, Days - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore,MD
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-4:30PM, Cartonville, Rt 40
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Investigates, assesses and plans interventions to help patients cope with social, emotional, economic and environmental problems.
- Interviews patients, assesses priorities and documents case activity.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient’s relatives to ensure compliance with patient’s treatment plan.
- Assists clients/families with obtaining community assistance by referral to proper resources.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community health, welfare and social agencies and seeks creative means to assist the client with his/her needs.
- Supports management of concurrent review, discharge planning processes, social services, home care and other post discharge needs.
What You Will Need
Preferred Credential(s):Drivers License credentialed from the Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Required Credential(s):
- Social Worker credentialed from the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any level accepted.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
LMSW, with 2 years comparable acute experience in ED, hospital, and/or community setting
Experience with complex medical patients a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
About this company
St. Vincent’s Health System encourages its nurses to provide personalized, compassionate care for all patients, regardless of what they’re struggling with, and we give you the resources and support to do it. We want a collaborative environment, where nurses work side-by-side with skilled providers in both patient care and deciding policy. We believe in balancing high-touch with high-tech, and that reputation draws patients to us from more than 40 Birmingham-area zip codes. When you join St. Vincent’s you become part of Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit and largest faith-based health system, which is recognized nationally for its commitment to quality, safety and healing.
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD