The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
The project cost controller manages the cost control function. This involves monitoring the overall control of project activities & project forecasting.
Including but not limited to:
- Gathering of daily production data from the job site.
- Revise the analyses of all project activities, factoring achieved performance in relation to new economic targets in order to anticipate recurrent forecasts
- Provide monthly reporting to Project manager, Area controller.
- Assist in financial decision making by providing analysis on the performance trends.
- Monitor projects during execution by analyzing the achieved results and comparing them with budget which could lead to pinpointing major variance as applicable.
- Prepare the bid reorganization, the budget and the forecast for the area in accordance with the agreed WBS/WBE under the supervision of the AFC Manager in cooperation with the project.
- Perform cost analysis simulation backed by empirical data that aims at improving production and reducing risk contributing to the overall project success.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, accounting or equivalent
- 3-10 years of related engineering experience (depending on the complexity of the Business Unit)
- Must have budgeting or forecasting experience
- Background experience in estimating/scheduling is a plus
- Project management background preferred
- ERP experience preferred
- Construction experience required
- Proficient interpersonal and organization skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Chantilly, VA