Classification: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Sales
Date: January 31, 2019
Inside sales representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products as well as communicating effectively with team members within the sales department.
- Processes customer quotes/orders/changes/returns according to established department policies and procedures
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests
- Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Prospects, qualifies and generates sales within company established accounts
- Telephone prospects to reconnect with inactive customers
- Work heavily with phone, e-mail, facsimiles, some Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, etc.
- Maintain integrity of CRM (Client Relations Management) and/or Visual database by accurately inputting data.
- Responsible for working well with others and maintaining positive attitude within a team environment.
- Assist with walk-in customers, some site meetings, and possible trade-show travel.
- Partners with Outside Sales Team, Production Coordinator, Operations Manager and Business Development to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations
- Performs other related duties and projects as assignedby the Director or Sales
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
This position does not manage any employees.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours vary in the winter.
Travel is minimal for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in Sales and Customer service in building related industry
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to independently plan and carry out daily agenda with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to multi-task, remain organized, and meet deadlines.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal, customer service, and telephone skills.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Eden and Valders Stone & Marble expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Eden/Valders employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.