This position is responsible for developing press and social media strategies to articulate the organization’s priorities. This position provides communications and marketing resources in support of a responsive community-oriented agenda including client services, outreach and community events. Preference will be given to qualified candidates with expertise in policy and communications and a demonstrated ability to drive an organizational brand.
This position is responsible for generating press releases, speeches, pushing social media and communicating the organizational brand. Work in this position may be somewhat fluid performing a variety of communications and marketing functions with a major emphasis on creating a strong media presence.
General Communication duties could include some or all of the following:
- Together with appropriate staff, develop and implement media, communications, and public relations strategies for the organization.
- Develop the organizational presence across social media and in the community to build a vibrant and responsive brand.
- Work with staff to plan and executive a calendar of district wide and local events to promote the organization’s services and build awareness and confidence in the organizational brand.
- Work with senior staff to create newsletters, draft press releases, and write content. Actively works to push out content created by staff.
- Track current events and media reports in the organization’s footprint and beyond for their potential impact on the organization.
- Maintain relationships with local press.
- In conjunction with senior staff develop, communicate/promote, and cover events within the community.
- In partnership with the leadership team, accompany and/or represent the organization/member at events in the community.
We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and harassment-free environment for all employees.